Its Kind Of A Funny Story | By Ned Vizzini

I'm the type of person that really enjoy reading books that can relate to teen-type issues because I guess it helps me feel like I would be able to understand how it would feel like to go through that kind of life.
The story talks about a teenage boy named Craig Gilner and how he suffers through depression, a type of eating disorder and loss of sleep. All these symptoms didnt happen all his life, it mainly started forming after his acceptance into a Pre-Professional education industry. Craig Gilner is a very smart guy and he's really artistic. All because of a wasted trash party, his life changed.
Craig Gilner definitely reflects on teens in the real world because its not only in movies and books that teens suffer through all this pain. There are teens who cry themselves to sleep, are afraid of the world, self harms or even ends their life. Craig himself once thought about ending his life to but if those teens who suffer what Craig goes to, I hope it will teach/help them that its a serious matter and wanting to end a life? You're hurting not just yourself but your family, friends and everyone else that cares about you. I personally know friends that go through depression and also cuts themselves. It really bothers me and as I read this story it brought out tons of emotions. It also taught me how to help my friends. I know its just a book but really this book is more than just you're average young adult reads.

Overall I would rate this book a 8.9/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Flickr Photostream

Bibliophilic Madness

Popular Posts

Grab my badge!